MISTAKE ON SATURN STREET
Act now…hearing in five days!
The San Francisco planning commission will soon review a highly questionable construction project at 48 Saturn Street. Right now, the site is an empty lot that abuts 52-54 Saturn.
It is a monstrous mistake that attempts to squeeze way too much into a very small lot.
Specifically, it is not in compliance with:
* Many aspects of Corona Heights Special Use district that was unanimously approved by the Planning Commission and the Board of Supervisors
* City requirements for 45% of open space
* City requirements for no more than 55% lot coverage
* AND a five-story structure that towers over adjoining properties by ONE FULL FLOOR.
So what can you do? Support your neighborhood association (Corbett Heights Neighbors) and speak out:
1) Send an email (this weekend) to the planning staff at city hall opposing the proposed development a 48 Saturn Street:email@example.com
2) Attend and speak out at the San Francisco Planning Commission hearings on Thursday, March 8 at Room 400, City Hall. The meeting is set for 1 pm but contact the planner to get a schedule update as times can shift.
Join your neighbors and fight this grievous mistake. Months ago, the first version of this plan was unanimously turned down by the Planning Commission, but now they are back with a worse proposal.
Corbett Heights Neighbors
THESE IMAGES COME DIRECTLY FROM THE DEVELOPER'S
SUBMISSION TO THE SAN FRANCISCO PLANNING BOARD